Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Scraplifting

Every scrapbooker falls into a rut and feels as if they have lost their creativity.   One of the best solutions to avoid this is to create an idea book.  You can do this any way you wish, but here is a suggestion:


Get a subscription to a scrapbooking magazine or a buy a few from the store.  Tear out your favorite layouts, but them and paste them in a notebook.  I organized mine by 1 picture layout, 2 picture layouts, cute ideas, fun tools, etc.  When you are looking at a couple of pictures to scrap and no layout comes to mind, take a peek at your idea book.

I did just this at a recent crop.  I had one an awesome picture of my son, but wasn't sure how to put it into a layout.   Then I found this layout in my idea book from Creating Keepsakes:



I really liked how it was on a solid cardstock and just had a touch of patterned paper.  I tweaked it a bit and made my own layout:

I think it came out pretty cute and allowed me to add a lot of words about my favorite little boy!

Jenn
~Mama Scrapper

No comments:

Post a Comment